Hello from America! Sorry about it being little late, but we have been too busy training and having fun to write!
We arrived in San Francisco on the 27th all feeling a little jet lagged and decided to run it off (literally) with a 6km run. It worked wonders and we were able to sleep considerably well. We stayed in a nice youth hostel in Fort Mason, which included breakfast and WiFi. The second day began with a morning rest (until 9), and then we began our real exercise. JC had a 16 km run in store for us... We ran over the Golden Gate Bridge - it was cold, but definitely worth it by the end of the run! We followed this up with a tour of San Francisco and some shopping, which included the purchase of some cool glasses, which you will no doubt hear about. Ronice was waiting for us back at the hostel and that night we saw a NBA game, which was an incredible spectacle, even before the game started! The following morning, we left for Tahoe Donner.
This Tuesday, everyone competed in the Sierra Skogsloppet at Tahoe Donner.
A Link to the results below:bit.ly/13DjJ83
Monday Dec 31st- Open 8:30-5pm. Another GREAT DAY FOR SKIING!
Home Range, Crazy Horse and Euer Valley will be groomed including Crabtree Canyon, White Lightning, Drifter is groomed up to the hut and back.
All is well, they have been for a run, couple of hours of down time and dinner at the hostel with a walk through fishermans wharf and an ice cream to top it off. All will sleep well, remarkably unaffected by jet lag!
Meanwhile at Tahoe Donner 23 trails are open, with 40km of groomed XC and all other trails on hold with more snow falling :)
Only 10 days to go now. Hope you are keeping fit and have started your packing.
At Tahoe Donner Snow: (93% chance), with a high near 37°F and a low near 21°F.
12/17/12 @ 8am
It is blowing & snowing this morning so skiing is not the best considering the thin conditions! We will be snowmobile packing and rolling once we get a break in the weather. Coverage is still thin. Season pass holders are welcome to ski (rock skis only) With more storms in the forecast - we still hope to be officially open on Dec 21st....( conditions depending)